What's Battery Protection?
When the car stops, the portable refrigerator will be charged by the car's battery, if there is no a protection, it may run out of car's battery power, so cause the car can not start. That's why now most all the portable freezer equip with battery protection function.
The battery protection mode works when you use a 12V/24V DC power supply, such as a 12V battery or car battery. For example: When setting to H Mode, the input voltage must be higher than 12.4V to turn on the refrigerator (otherwise the E1 code will be thrown out); If it is lower than 11.1V, the refrigerator will automatically turn off itself.
Factory default Voltage Protection Level sets to H mode.
How to set the mode?
The refrigerator has a three-level battery protection function, which not only guarantees the normal operation of the refrigerator, but also protects the battery of the vehicle. When in the power-on state, long press SET button for 3 seconds and the display screen flashes H. Select low voltage protection L (low), M (medium)and H (high) by clicking SET button. The factory defaults to H (high) protection.
H should be set when the refrigerator connected to car power, and M or L should be set when it is connected to AC power or portable battery or other backup battery. Because of the different output voltage between different vehicles, the battery gear can be set from H to M or from M to L if there is a voltage protection code Fl showed on the panel. The battery gear should be set to H if the refrigerator should keep working after turning off the car engine, or there will be a possibility that the car battery is used excessively, and the vehicle cannot be restarted.
Service time of 12 volt refrigerator:
1. Ambient temperature: the higher the ambient temperature, the shorter using time of the battery.
2. Type and quantity of items stored in the refrigerator: the more items, the more power the refrigerator needs to consume to maintain the set temperature.
3. The number of switches: the more frequently open and close the door, and the more power consumption of the refrigerator.
4. Capacity and power status of car battery: the larger car battery capacity, the longer the service time; The more sufficient the battery, the longer the service time.
5. The setting level of the battery: the higher the protection level of the battery, the shorter the service time.
Summer camp needs a portable refrigerator. With battery protection, no need to worry about your car's battery running out.
We have small size mini freezer only 9Qt, like P8
Big capacity 85Qt BD80.
And other choice, check them out if there is one to meet your need.